Are you eager to be involved in the development process of a dynamic company? Don’t look further, as a member of the Quality Assurance team of Awingu, you will be dealing with exciting problems daily and be an integral part of an agile development team.
What are your responsibilities as a QA engineer?
- Leading technical investigations
- Validating finished stories and fixed bugs
- Finding regression bugs through manual testing before releasing a major version
- Writing challenging end to end tests with selenium and making sure that they are not flaky
- Assessing the risks when defining a story
- Supporting the development team when they are writing unit or integration tests
- Find regression bugs by looking at the nightly or weekly reports.
What do we expect from a good QA engineer?
- Imagination: thinking outside the box in order to find non obvious bugs
- Investigative: following rabbit holes in search for clues
- Detailed: identifying the smaller differences in behaviour
- Passion: loving to have a broad view of all the aspects of QA
- Team player: enjoying to develop software with a team
- Critical: differentiating between a bug and a harmless behaviour
- Independent: working on your own without strong supervision
- Fast learner: improving your understanding of Awingu
What experience do you need to have?
- At least a year of previous experience as an a QA engineer in a similar role.
- Familiar with some of our core technologies for automation: Python, Selenium, Jenkins, Groovy, Bash or PowerShell.
We are a scale-up company that works in a brand new office inside the Ghelamco Arena in Ghent. As we are a small company, everyone will know you and you will know everyone.
We offer a central workspace to our business customers. With our workspace, they can allow their employees to access work from anywhere, anytime and from any device, even if their ICT infrastructure is not cloud-ready yet. All access securely happens web-based.
- A challenging and varied job in a fresh, young and rapidly changing environment
- The opportunity to grow as an engineer and take more responsibilities
- A competitive compensation package
Reach out to Inside Sales team!