AWINGU FOR GOVERNMENT
MOBILIZING THE BELGIAN FEDERAL POLICE
The business applications of the Belgian police were developed long before mobile internet existence and are only available through the corporate network. The real police work, on the other hand, which mainly occurs in the field. Awingu builds the bridge between these two worlds.
1. True mobility: The police access their core ISLP applications wherever they are
2. Ease of use: the application can be used very easily and smoothly, even in typical stressful situations.
3. Low initial cost: the licensing model keeps costs low for the different police districts. In this way, the threshold for adoption is removed in steps.
Our people can now instantly check on the premises or a vehicle, for example, violates or is signaled. Previously, they had to sit for it behind their PC.
The solution of Awingu was very economical. You do not need to buy special equipment. Going mobile was a good solution and a good investment.
INCREASED EFFICIENCY FOR THE PUBLIC CENTRE OF SOCIAL WELFARE BOORTMEERBEEK
Boortmeerbeek is a town in the Belgian province of Flemish Brabant. Their Public Centre for Social Welfare adopted Awingu to enable remote working.
- Increased productivity: Awingu facilitates mobile working
- Any device: users access all applications on their devices – laptop, desktop, tablet & even smartphone – via Awingu
- Easy of use: No need to install any local agents, software,… just go to the browser. Log in. Start working.
- Secure: all data remains in the datacenter of the Public Centre and users login with strong authentication
One of the major advantages of Awingu is that it is user-friendly.
As users log on to the Public Centre’s network with their password, all confidential data remains in the organization.
People can spend their time efficiently when they are in an external location.
FLEXIBLE ACCESS TO ALL DOCUMENTS FOR THE MUNICIPALITY STAFF
The municipality of Knokke-Heist is a popular Belgian seaside resort. To allow municipal employees to consult at any time and on any device of their documents, they chose Awingu.
Flexible workforce: Knokke-Heist was able to stimulate homeworking to increase employee flexibility and productivity
Bring your own device: employees can now securely acces their files either on a managed (e.g. Windows laptop) or unmanaged (e.g. Macbook, iPad) device
No more VPN: VPN was perceived as unstable and cumbersome.
The biggest surprise for me was that the application was already fully functional after two hours.
We can just start 95% of our applications through a simple browser.
YMCA COLUMBIA-WILLAMETTE REPLACES CITRIX WITH AN INTUITIVE AWINGU SOLUTION
YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association) is a worldwide, community-focused nonprofit, established in 1844 with recreational programs & services for all ages. YMCA has +125 associations, the YMCA of Columbia-Willamette hosted its first meeting in 1868. Since then, YMCA[of Columbia-Willamette provides quality affordable services that build healthier kids, strong families and better communities, inspired by fitness, faith and fun.
YMCA deployed applications via Citrix since 2004. YMCA initially chose Citrix because of bandwidth limitations at the remote sites (frame relay, T1s, VPNs, etc.) Over time, the evolution of the Citrix offering became too complex to manage and the licensing costs prohibited to expand. For YMCA’s IT department, user-friendliness and ease of management of technology are very important. YMCA is constantly looking for innovative solutions, via TWiT (This Week in Enterprise Tech), YMCA found out about Awingu.
The solution: Awingu
With the help of Bond Consulting Services, YMCA was able to replace Citrix with Awingu, increasing the end user satisfaction and lower the burden for the IT department to manage and support the solution for the remote workers. The intuitiveness of Awingu for the end user and the ease of setting up a basic Multi-Factor-Authentication, was a huge plus for YMCA.
The fact that Awingu runs entirely in the browser, lowers the workload for the IT department, there is no more need to configure clients. Even Quash, IT Director at YMCA Columbia-Willamette, tells us that features such as file sharing, screen sharing, OneDrive integration…all put the cherry on top.
YMCA of Columbia-Willamette chose for Awingu because:
- Easy to configure, manage and support
- Increased user experience & satisfaction
- Lower IT support costs
- Bandwidth optimization
- Innovative and affordable solution
User-friendliness and ease of management are very important to us.
Setting up the remote workers and helping users to install and configure Citrix receiver became a huge headache.
MOBILE WORKING AND GDPR COMPLIANCE IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF TERVUREN
Tervuren is a municipality at the green belt of Brussels, and their city staff consists of about 150 active IT users. The IT department was actively looking for a way to enable mobile working without compromising security. Awingu proved to be a good solution to empower the staff while working remotely with full benefits of GDPR compliance and simplicity of usage.
- Simplicity: Compared with other options, Awingu is characterized as a user-friendly and easy to manage solution
- GDPR compliance: Administrators can keep a thorough overview of what the employees are doing in the environment
- Remote access: Working from home or in the field no longer requires a managed device
- Back-end management: Awingu facilitates the seamless merging of the local OCMW and the municipality infrastructure
External parties can only get access to our network via Awingu.
We really advise other local governments to work with Awingu because of the possibilities, the simplicity and the added benefit of GDPR compliance.
Via Awingu, employees can work from home the same way as they would at the office. They can approve invoices, access their budgets, use e-invoicing, etc.
With Awingu, we have a clear overview of who logs in, where, when and from which device.