AWINGU FOR HEALTHCARE
HOSPITAL IMELDA BONHEIDEN CHOOSES AWINGU
Imelda is a mid-sized regional hospital in Bonheiden, near Antwerp (Belgium). They employ about 1900 employees – a mix of Medical Doctors, Nurses, administrative staff and management. Awingu facilitates remote working and introduces Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), while significantly reducing IT support efforts.
The IT team was challenged by a growing demand for remote working and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device):
- Employees across the hospital demanded the ability to work remotely to increase efficiency (home, different hospital, patients, …)
- Medical Doctors are often running a private practice, next to their association to the hospital. They require a remote access to Imelda’s applications and files from their own device (an Apple MacBook, a tablet, …)
- The wide range of devices, security/compliance constraints and the complexity of use-cases was impossible to manage (cost) efficiently with the classic ‘agent-based’ tools (e.g. RDP, Citrix XenApp).
– Secure remote access to Imelda’s applications from any type of device. For example: Medical Doctors can securely work from their personal device in their own private practice.
– No more remote printing issues. The ‘Awingu printer’ feature enables easy printing at home (or any other location) from a personal device.
– Document sharing via Awingu and no longer via unsupported tools ‘on the side’ (e.g. WeTransfer, Dropbox).
– No local agents to support and manage by the IT team. End-users access applications and files via a browser using their device of choice.
– Improved efficiency of IT support via the ‘session sharing’ functionality. No more hassle with third party tools. Awingu offers everything ‘Out-of-the-Box’
The easy and fast implementation of Awingu was a very strong driver in our decision to roll-out Awingu.
Awingu’s support desk is an example for the rest of the industry.
Medical Doctors can securely work from their personal Apple iMac in their private practice.
NHS MID CHESHIRE HOSPITALS ADOPT AWINGU ON AZURE
Mid Cheshire was looking for solutions that help improve patient care by enabling remote access to patient information in a cost-effective way. Awingu certified partner ‘New Signature’ implemented an online workplace solution running Awingu on Microsoft’s Azure cloud. Now, employees have the capability to easily work from anywhere, while the IT operating costs have been reduced compared to the previous way of working.
Mid Cheshire hospitals NHS foundation trust manages multiple health care institutions in the UK (Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Victoria Infirmary in Northwich, and Elmhurst Intermediate Care Centre in Winsford). It is a midsized organization that employees over 4000 members of staff.
- Secure remote access from any device to the hospitals core application (Emis) as well as a full desktop
- Lower operating costs compared to the old way-of-working
- An OPEX and usage-based payment model covering all services
- Azure has increased functionality of users and accessibility of key applications that are now stored in the Microsoft Cloud
Having solid access to your clinical systems with patient information, when you need it, will improve patient care.
Awingu was really cost-effective and will help us save a significant amount of money.
AZ LOKEREN DEPLOYS AWINGU FOR REMOTE WORKING IN A HEALTHCARE SETTING
AZ Lokeren (Lokeren General Hospital) was looking for a simple, cost-effective and highly secure solution to let their doctors, medical and administrative staff work remotely. ‘When we heard what they were looking for,’ says Joeri Tranchet (Prodata Systems), ‘it immediately became clear to us: Awingu is the perfect solution for this scenario!’
‘I think every hospital faces the same challenges as we do, and Awingu has proven to be very simple to use and manage tool to tackle the question of remote working at the AZ,’ says Annelore Van Eeghem, IT Manager. ‘Furthermore,’ says Denis Roels (Data Protection Officer DPO), ‘working with Awingu was a major improvement when it came to data security’.
- Remote access: with Awingu, the hospital can give access to all of its doctors from any device. Also medical and administrative staff that works from home can ‘work as if they’re at the office’, says Wim Van Campenhout (staff member).
- Simple: Awingu was installed in a short amount of time and is very easy to manage and use.
- Secure: DPO Denis Roels points out that by installing Awingu, the hospital has made major improvements in terms of IT security: they use the built-in two-factor authentication, combat shadow IT with secure file sharing and make use of the extended auditing capabilities.
- Cost-efficient: ‘Awingu is just a layer on top of our existing environment,’ says Annelore Van Eeghem (IT Manager). Leverage your current infrastructure without making additional costs in a sector that has airtight budgetting schedules.
We can now allow our doctors, medical and administrative staff to work from anywhere (including from home) in a highly secure and easy-to-use way.
With Awingu, I was able to work at home as if I was at my office at the hospital!
Awingu is just a layer on top of our existing environment and was very quickly set up. Overall, it is very easy to use and manage.
By implementing Awingu, we have made some huge advancements when it comes to IT security.