AWINGU FOR ISV`S
A PERFECT SOLUTION FOR ISV’S TRANSFORMATION INTO A SAAS MODEL
B Rekencentra develops cargo and freight software for the transport & logistics industry. Implementing their software into the customer workflow, is a heavy task. Therefore, they have the need to have a cloud-based solution which they can propose to smaller clients or for demonstration and testing purposes. Awingu fits the bill perfectly.
Facilitate deployment and usage of their software: B Rekencentra can now host its software in a public cloud and leverage Awingu to provide end-user access via a simple Browser
No local installation, no VPN: before Awingu, prospects needed to install the software locally, or B Rekencentra had to work with VPN’s, adding a lot of complexity to the process
Demo platform enables selling: B Rekencentra set up a demo platform in their public cloud and used Awingu to give prospects easy access via their browser
Reduced support workload: 100% browser based solution reduces support tickets and installation workload (e.g. local network and firewall configuration)
Awingu is used to give demonstrations to current and potential customers. One of our potential customers, was convinced after a demo with Awingu.
The great advantage of Awingu over its competitors is that we do not require from potential customers any changes in their network or firewall.
INFODIDAC BUILDS CLOUD OFFER WITH AWINGU AND MICROSOFT AZURE
InfoDidac builds cloud offer with Awingu and Microsoft Azure: InfoDidac is the developer of ‘ProEco’. This is the core administration software, used in 1300 schools in the Belgian French Community. ‘ProEco’ is a legacy software that runs locally on the PC of the end-user. It was not built to run as a SaaS service. In the 21st century, schools and their staff need to work more even more efficiently and flexibly.
Benefits for InfoDidac:
- No new code: No need to re-write legacy application. Awingu makes it available in the browser (in html5)
- Easy to install and maintain: The setup of Awingu was done in very short time, upgrades are done in a matter of minutes
- Customized: The Awingu workspace is customized to the wishes and look & feel of Infodidac
- Multi-tenant: thanks to the multi-tenancy of the Awingu, management of schools and users became a lot easier.
Benefits for the end-users (users of ‘CloudEco’)
- Flexible: Work from anywhere and any device
- Stress-free: Back-ups are done automatically by InfoDidac
- Aggregated: Possibility to access multiple schools’ data from the same platform (for administrative staff that work for multiple schools)
Awingu allows us to run our application via the internet while it was not developed to do so originally.
CODE3 LEVERAGES AWINGU TO BUILD A CLOUD FLAVOUR OF THEIR FIREPLAN SOFTWARE
CODE3 is a German independent software vendor (ISV) that was founded in 2012. As a business, they develop and sell their “fireplan” software to fire departments all over Germany and other German speaking regions.
CODE3 used to leverage on Azure RemoteApp to provide mobile access to their end-customers. However, as of August 2016, Microsoft announced the discontinuation of the Azure RemoteApp service, meaning CODE3 needed to find a suitable alternative.
By replacing Azure RemoteApp with Awingu, CODE3 ensured easy, fast and safe access to their software on every platform. Be it either in municipalities with limited internet access or in fire stations that deployed operating systems different from Windows, the Awingu platform helped enable a connection to fireplan that works even smoother than if it were installed on premise. CODE3 tested Awingu All-in-One on the Azure Marketplace. “Our trial on the Azure Marketplace worked remarkably good from the start, and that really convinced us”, says Bojan Slegel (one of the co-founders of Code3).
CODE3 chose Awingu to resolve their issue because of the following reasons:
- No third party: CODE3 runs and operates the software under their name, and in the infrastructure of their choice: Microsoft Azure.
- Platform-agnosticism: The fireplan software needs to run not only on desktops and laptops but also on tablets in the field or in fire trucks. Furthermore, CODE3 required enablement for all Operating Systems: Apple iOS and mac OS, Google’s Android, Windows 10 or older Windows platforms…
- Scalability: Awingu can allow the company to grow at a faster rate, because they would provide their upcoming products via the same channel
- Easy to manage: CODE3 only needed to build on top of their existing platform.
- Speed: CODE3 had customers who couldn’t run fireplan because of connection issues. With Awingu’s bandwidth optimization, those issues were largely solved.
- Support: In the early stage, CODE3 was impressed by how quickly, thoroughly and professionally the Awingu Support Team responded to any question they had
With Awingu, we have found a very good solution to make our software available now that Azure RemoteApp has been dropped.
Clients of ours that have bad internet connections or network restrictions and were using using the Azure RemoteApp experience a significant difference in speed when switching to Awingu: finally, they’re able to use the software in the same way as clients with good internet connections and no network restrictions.
Our trial on the Azure Marketplace worked remarkably good from the start, and that really convinced us.
Any questions we had in the earlier stages were very quickly, thoroughly and professionally answered by the Awingu Support Team. We were surprised by how engaged they were for a company that wasn’t even a customer yet!
PELOTON LEVERAGES AWINGU TO GO SAAS
Peloton Computer Enterprises Ltd. is a Canadian ISV (Independent Software Vendor) that develops drilling and well data software for oil and gas companies worldwide. They are a leading technology player in this market. More than 450 oil and gas companies around the globe rely on Peloton’s software to make better informed, data-driven decisions, and the industry is slowly but surely shifting towards the cloud. Therefore, Peloton choose Awingu to make their industry-specific software available on any device, anywhere.
- Great user-experience: users get access to their Peloton applications without compromise.
- Simplicity of the architecture: Awingu is an easy solution to set up and is a good long-term source for Peloton’s SaaS strategy.
- Browser-based: no need to install software on client machines, and thus clients can run Peloton’s software on any type of device.
- Support for local printing: users can print reports directly to a local printer without any software to install.
- Dramatically simplified support and operation efforts: previously, “Peloton’s client rollouts would take weeks to months. With Awingu and Microsoft Azure, it takes Peloton minutes to deploy a new customer.” This kind of operational efficiency has proved to be vital for Peloton.
- Quicker route to value: for Peloton to get customers up and running quickly means fewer support costs, quicker route to value, optimization of the cashflow and happier customers.
- Improved sales operation: Awingu requires zero configuration and zero client software installation. It is now really simple for Peloton to set up “try-and-buy” models for new prospects.
- Increased ARPU (Average Revenue Per User): Peloton’s move to a SaaS revenue model has triggered a significant increase in ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) as it now offers not only software licenses, but a fully managed service.
We have received stellar feedback since implementing Awingu — it has been instrumental in improving sales and operations.
User experience was our first priority. Our user base wanted an intuitive, browser-based access to their Peloton software.
We also heavily considered the Total Cost of Ownership, installation and ease of implementation. Awingu fits our needs perfectly.