Boeckmans chose Awingu as simple and secure remote workspace
With more than 85 years of experience, Boeckmans is a well-known player in the port of Antwerp. They are active as agents for shipping companies such as Great White Fleet, Normed, Arkas or Chipolbrok and operate six ships themselves. The company has about forty employees. In order to enable mobile working in a safe and simple way, they chose Awingu on the advice of partner ClearMedia.
- Need for mobile working: Boeckmans has water clercks and sales and operational people that require working remotely. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic forced them to install a homeworking-for-all solution.
- Quick setup: “After we heard the name Awingu, we went to the website and started a free pilot. That VM was actually deployed within the hour, and we were up and running very quickly to test our use cases. Everything worked properly, and we went into partnership with Awingu’s digital workspace”.
- Data security: Managing ships involves a lot of sensitive data, which includes containers arriving in the port. Peter summarises what was therefore required in a new digital workplace: “Data security is a priority for us. Awingu responds perfectly to that need: we were looking for something where the access point (e.g. an end user’s laptop) and our environment are completely separate. At Awingu, there is no integration at all except manual input – no physical data can be transferred from the computer to our environment, and vice versa.”
- Anti-VPN: “We are very much against VPN,” Peter says. “Not only does it require a client to connect to the end users’ devices (who are not always tech-savvy enough to set it up effortlessly), but you are digging a tunnel to our environment. Awingu makes us feel comfortable about what happens to our data, and vice versa. Because Awingu works 100% through the browser, I know that I can make Awingu available to everyone, without fearing that my environment will be contaminated by what might be on the user’s device. Every connection to our environment from outside goes through our Awingu appliance, through our DMZ. The only communication from Awingu to our own environment is through the RDP and LDAP ports – the absolute minimum. If Awingu is somehow exposed to the outside, we are sure that we do not have to worry about our data or security.”
- Excellent support: Boeckmans had a few functionality issues. When reporting these to Awingu, we made sure they were heavily tested and fixed – and some new features were even added to the roadmap and added in later versions!
GET IN TOUCH!
Do you have any more questions about Awingu? Reach out to our Awingurus!