Since 1974, CFA Blagnac
has been supporting learners in their professional projects and companies in their skills needs. When an audit proved that their IT security was on the brink of collapse, they looked at Awingu as a first line of defense – a single front door to their IT environment.
- First line of defense after audit: The CA launched an IT security audit of the establishment’s IT facilities in 2020. “The audit lasted three months, from April to June. It confirmed that we were in great danger with regard to the protection, compliance and security of our IT systems. Our IT infrastructure – outdated – was ready to implode.” In view of the findings revealed by the audit, security had to be deployed in multiple directions: an overhaul of the network architecture, creation of a new website, reflection on the choice of a tool to secure the CFA’s data while allowing the circulation of information and, more globally, determination of a strategy linked to the information system as a whole. “The choice fell on the Awingu portal. Its rapid deployment, managed very smoothly by Attitude SI, allowed us to immediately secure the infrastructure while leaving us time to modify the parts that were still vulnerable, but now sheltered behind the portal.”
- Successful and safe teleworking and telelearning: “Awingu has enabled us to cope quickly, and in good conditions, both with the obligation to organise teleworking or telelearning, but also to do so in a secure way”, says Isabelle L. Today, Awingu benefits students by providing them with a Chromebook, without the need to purchase an additional license (MS Office or other). Once working on their chromebook, they are connected remotely to the local computer environment of the CFA Blagnac. A simple connection is enough. Read more about giving students remote access to school PC rooms. The Awingu platform also allows all the administrative staff (30 employees) and teaching staff (67 instructors) of CFA Blagnac to work remotely, without having to worry about backing up anything, without fear of losing any information and above all without any risk or vulnerability of the system.
- Cost-saving: With their 180 Awingu licenses, CFA Blagnac meets the needs of the 1,300 learners who every other week. Half of them are in class each week but they are not connected at the same time, keeping the concurrent usage of the licenses under control. If needed, the CFA can always scale up their licenses in batches of 20.
- Reduced IT support tickets:”Awingu is a very interesting solution for everyone at the CFA. The students like using it, and were up and running in no time. We are very satisfied with this robust, modular, managed solution because, to sum up, I would say: “it works because I don’t hear about it”.
- Undeniable progress in terms of security:”We have gone from a state of absolute vulnerability of our data to a controlled, secure and flexible state. This is undeniable progress and helps my mission within the CFA. The portal is therefore an extremely agile tool: it manages flows and ensures the protection of the system at the same time. It has positively impacted my work and my mission within the organization by allowing the CFA to deploy a high-capacity digital workspace with a high level of security.”.