Villa Berica adopts Awingu for doctors and healthcare personnel
The Villa Berica Nursing Home – healthcare facility of the GHC spa group – is based in Vicenza and is accredited with the National Health System. It is considered a specialist center of excellence with a focus on general surgery and internal medicine and provides healthcare services for the diagnosis and treatment of numerous surgical, medical and rehabilitation pathologies, both inpatient and outpatient. The facility is also a national reference center for diabetes prevention and treatment.
- Remote access for healthcare personnel: doctors and nurses access health documents via Awingu from any device and on any location – at the hospital within the network or in an outside location such as private practices.
- Securing sensitive data: Villa Berica found the dual-factor authentication technology and activity recording functionality very useful, ensuring compliance with the GDPR guidelines
- The security aspect is extremely satisfying: Awingu complies natively with all Latesys’ security requirements: access, logging, session recording, etc. This played a major role in the choice for Awingu.
- Speed of implementation: “Some key scenarios for the Villa Berica Nursing Home were verified in record time, and implementation was rapid and with minimal impact on the existing architecture.”
- Relief for the IT team: Villa Berica has implemented the remote access solution for over 70 doctors and operators, who can work both from the clinic and from the private practice, using their own personal devices on which no software has been installed and using a simple browser; this allows maximum freedom of choice of devices by users guaranteeing their “independence & autonomy”, also relieving the IT team of Villa Berica from possible critical situations due, for example, to the imposition of a client software on the same devices, the remote management of SW for VPN or other. Security is guaranteed by the HTTPS connection and the two-factor authentication system.
We were able to deal quickly with emergencies of access to the central infrastructure and the needs generated by the health emergency.
The Awingu software has proven to be a great help in ensuring the security of sensitive data in healthcare facilities. In particular, we found the dual-factor authentication technology and activity recording functionality very useful, ensuring compliance with the GDPR guidelines."
Within this scenario every solution must be compliant and guarantee the highest standards of quality and safety - things we have found in Awingu."
GET IN TOUCH!
Do you have any more questions about Awingu? Reach out to our Awingurus!