Peloton Computer Enterprises Ltd. is a Canadian ISV (Independent Software Vendor) that develops drilling and well data software for oil and gas companies worldwide. They are a leading technology player in this market. The company’s WellView, SiteView, RigView, ProdView, and LandView software suite delivers complete well lifecycle solutions for planning, approvals, operations, drilling, facilities/pipeline, and construction/reclamation. More than 450 oil and gas companies around the globe rely on Peloton’s software to make better informed, data-driven decisions, and they use Awingu to provide a secure and mobile access to their software for their customers.
AN INDUSTRY MOVING TOWARDS THE CLOUD
Customers that didn’t want to manage Peloton’s software and the necessary IT infrastructure asked Peloton to offer a managed solution. Oil and gas companies are becoming more comfortable with Cloud-based technology. While smaller, more nimble companies have been eager to make the move towards SaaS and cloud-based solutions, larger institutions have struggled to keep up. Today, the tide has also changed with large businesses (pro-)actively looking into SaaS alternatives. Peloton was in need of a simple, secure and cost-effective solution that would enable it to offer its existing software as a SaaS (Software as a Service).
AWINGU AS A USER-FRIENDLY ‘SAASIFIER’
Peloton decided to focus on the quality of the end-user experience, in order to assuage the technological anxieties of its customers. Awingu’s web-based platform provided a simple to access and easy-to-use solution for delivering Peloton’s software as a cloud service. This solution delivered the flexibility and simplicity needed to transition into a SaaS model while meeting mobility and security demands. Jason LeBlanc (Software as a Service Manager, Peloton) relayed the multitude of factors that weighed in on their evaluation and ultimate selection of Awingu: “User experience was our first priority. Our user base wanted an intuitive, browser-based access to their Peloton software. We also heavily considered the Total Cost of Ownership, installation, and ease of implementation. Awingu fits our needs perfectly.”
AN INVALUABLE COMPONENT IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL ARSENAL
Peloton chose Awingu from a long list of technologies that were evaluated. Awingu was deemed the better solution because it offers:
- Great user-experience: users get access to their Peloton applications without compromise.
- Simplicity of the architecture: Awingu is an easy solution to set up and is a good long-term source for Peloton’s SaaS strategy.
- Browser-based: no need to install software on client machines, and thus clients can run Peloton’s software on any type of device.
- Support for local printing: users can print reports directly to a local printer without any software to install.
Since being implemented, Awingu has proven to be an invaluable component in Peloton’s technological arsenal.
- Dramatically simplified support and operation efforts: previously, “Peloton’s client rollouts would take weeks to months. With Awingu and Microsoft Azure, it takes Peloton minutes to deploy a new customer.” This kind of operational efficiency has proved to be vital for Peloton.
- Quicker route to value: for Peloton to get customers up and running quickly means fewer support costs, quicker route to value, optimization of the cashflow and happier customers.
- Improved sales operation: Awingu requires zero configuration and zero client software installation. It is now really simple for Peloton to set up “try-and-buy” models for new prospects.
- Increased ARPU (Average Revenue Per User): Peloton’s move to a SaaS revenue model has triggered a significant increase in ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) as it now offers not only software licenses, but a fully managed service.
LeBlanc reported: “We have received stellar feedback since implementing Awingu—it has been instrumental in improving sales and operations.”
Are you an ISV and do you want to know more about how Awingu can help you to make your software available anywhere on any device? Have a look at how we help you on your journey to SaaS, how other ISV’s are currently using Awingu or simply book a meeting with us!